I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Formula Grants for Other Than Urbanized Areas

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

Administered by:

US Federal Government Agency (see all agencies)
Department of Transportation , Federal Transit Administration
CFDA #: 20.509

Who is eligible to apply...

Only designated State agencies may apply directly to FTA for grants. Eligible sub-recipients may include State agencies, local public bodies and agencies thereof, nonprofit organizations, Indian tribes, and operators of public transportation services, including intercity bus service, in rural and small urban areas. Private for-profit operators of transit or paratransit services may participate in the program only through contracts with eligible recipients. Urbanized areas, as defined by the Bureau of the Census, are not eligible.

Eligible Applicant Categories:
Eligible Functional Categories:

Costs will be determined in accordance with the Section 5311 Program Guidance and Grant Application Instructions (FTA Circular 9040.1E) issued October 1, 1998, and subsequent updates (based on OMB Circular No. A-87). The documents and procedures required of applicants are specified in the above guidance and in the State's application procedure/management plan. Federal Register Notice "FTA Fiscal Year 2004 Apportionments, Allocations, and Program Information" contains the nonurbanized area formula apportionments in Table 5. For fiscal year 2004, the publication date was February 11, 2004. Prior year notices can be found at www.fta.dot.gov/library/legal.

Note:This is a brief description of the credentials or documentation required prior to, or along with, an application for assistance.

About this section:

This section indicates who can apply to the Federal government for assistance and the criteria the potential applicant must satisfy. For example, individuals may be eligible for research grants, and the criteria to be satisfied may be that they have a professional or scientific degree, 3 years of research experience, and be a citizen of the United States. Universities, medical schools, hospitals, or State and local governments may also be eligible. Where State governments are eligible, the type of State agency will be indicated (State welfare agency or State agency on aging) and the criteria that they must satisfy.

Certain federal programs (e.g., the Pell Grant program which provides grants to students) involve intermediate levels of application processing, i.e., applications are transmitted through colleges or universities that are neither the direct applicant nor the ultimate beneficiary. For these programs, the criteria that the intermediaries must satisfy are also indicated, along with intermediaries who are not eligible.